Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway Gift & Book store Associate
THIS A PART TIME 16-24 HOURS A WEEK POSITION
• Present a professional, welcoming appearance and demeanor with customers, guests and colleagues. Be a Spring Mountain Visitor Gateway ambassador whenever you are on property by making the visitor feel welcome by being approachable and friendly.
• Be punctual to your assigned work time. Adhere to dress code as per employee manual. Clean and pressed uniform shirt and name tag are mandatory.
• Greet and engage with customers, answer questions on products and encourage sales by providing information.
• Be attentive and alert on sales floor when customers are present to answer questions on our merchandise and prevent store theft.
• Assist customers by ringing up merchandise selected per Point of Sale (POS) guidelines.
• Use proper cash handling practices when assisting customers.
• Assist information desk when requested to answer visitor questions about information on trails, camping, snow play and other programs offered by GoMtCharleston and USFS.
• Learn the various artisans carried in the store and information provided to customer about their purchase.
• Familiarity with store merchandise is key to our profitability. By working as a team with USFS to be able to walk the store and continually replenish items sold, straighten, size shirts, zip zippers and ensure merchandise is not out of place.
• Keep interior of store clean, which includes daily dusting, cleaning glass, vacuuming the store floor at close, and other tasks as appropriate or assigned.
• Keep Daily Sales Tracking form up-to-date by using POS reports.
• Record daily sales and visitor count on Excel spreadsheet.
• Receive new merchandise, generate purchase orders, tag merchandise, merchandising new items on sales floor, and organize back stock.
• Assist USFS with opening and closing procedures and housekeeping requests.
• End of Day closeout procedures and ensure safe count is correct.
• End of Month reporting as requested.
• Other tasks may be assigned which promote our mission and visitor experience.
• Weekends Required.