Conditions in the Spring Mountains tend to be very dry, even after a bit of rain. Please follow the rules and restrictions below to make sure we keep the mountains fire-free!
Interagency fire restrictions currently prohibit:
· Building and/or using a campfire or charcoal stove. Campfires are allowed ONLY within the approved fire pits or grills provided in developed recreation sites. Using a portable stove powered by gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel is OK.
· Welding or operating an acetylene torch with open flames (except by permit)
· Using any explosive (except by permit)
· Using fireworks or firing a tracer
· Operating an off-road vehicle without a spark arrestor
· Smoking is allowed if persons are stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is clear of all flammable materials.
· Temporary shooting restrictions continue to be in place in Lovell Canyon, meaning NO shooting is allowed except for permitted hunters during the specified hunting period.
· Additional shooting rules and restrictions can be found on this page.