FIRE RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT:
Stage 1 Fire restrictions in the Spring Mountains include*:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stovefire. The ONLY exceptions are stoves using portable fuel with an On/Off switch or knob, or campfires within the provided rings or grills at developed camp and picnic sites.
2. Smoking outside an enclosed vehicle or building.
3. Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame.
4. Using any type of explosive, including fireworks and explosive ammunition or targets.
* Please note that additional fire restrictions may apply. For more information or clarification on individual agency restrictions, visit www.nevadafireinfo.org/restrictions-and-closures. Violation of these prohibitions is punishable as a class B misdemeanor, by a fine of not more than $5000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization and/or imprisonment of not more than 6 months.