Southern Nevada Conservancy creates opportunities to discover, understand, and enjoy your public lands.
Southern Nevada Conservancy, a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Las Vegas, NV, carries out this mission at Spring Mountains National Recreation Area under a formal agreement with the USDA Forest Service (USFS). Founded in 1988 as Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association, Southern Nevada Conservancy has served the Spring Mountains since 2001 and our many programs and services have helped visitors gain deeper understanding and appreciation of the area's cultural and natural resources.
How Your Contribution Helps
Southern Nevada Conservancy supports Spring Mountains National Recreation Area in many ways including interpretive programming, volunteer management, and retail operations. Other services include:
· Interpretive, guided hikes
· Environmental education programming
· Youth programs on and off site throughout the year
· Outreach into the local communities and internationally
· Visitor Center information services (i.e. maps, pamphlets, phone calls, website management)
· Special event management (i.e. Spring Cleaning, National Get Outdoors Day, National Public lands Day, Fall Festival, etc)
· Volunteer recruitment, training, and year-round service opportunities, including the popular Snow Host and Trail Host programs
Please consider supporting our mission in the Spring Mountains with a donation or by becoming a member today.