SMNRA RECREATION UPDATE AS OF 03/27/2020
Please see below for the complete list of recreation closures due to COVID-19.
We are following the agency and CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, closely monitoring the situation and responding to current conditions. Please continue to monitor this page for status updates.
*Weather conditions can change rapidly in the Spring Mountains. For current weather and snow levels, check the webcams found on our Snow Season page. Always check www.NVroads.com for current road conditions and restrictions*
For important messages during busy days, weather events, and hazardous conditions please follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway:
CLOSED until further notice due to COVID-19
OPEN FEE SITES:
- None as of March 21, 2020
OPEN NON-FEE SITES:
- Cliff Rose Trailhead & parking lot
- Fletcher Trailhead & parking lot
- Deer Creek Picnic Area & parking lot
- Desert View Overlook & parking lot
- Juniper Trailhead & parking lot
CLOSED FEE SITES (All opening dates are on hold indefinitely):
- Old Mill Picnic Area – Closed (Under snowplay permit, back to FS May 1)
- Foxtail Group Picnic Area – Closed (Under snowplay permit, back to FS May 1)
McWilliams – Closed (Under snowplay permit, back to FS May 1)
- Mahogany Grove Group Campground – Closed (normally opens Apr 3)
- Cathedral Rock Picnic Area – Closed (normally opens May 15)
- Hilltop Campground – Closed (opening Summer once construction complete)
- Fletcher Campground – Closed Mar 19thdue to COVID-19
- Kyle Picnic Area – Closed Mar 19thdue to COVID-19
- SMVG Group Picnic Sites – Closed Mar 20thdue to COVID-19
CLOSED NON-FEE SITES: (All opening dates are on hold indefinitely):
- Cathedral Trailhead – Closed (normally opens around April 1)
- Mary Jane Trailhead – Closed (normally opens around April 1)
- Trail Canyon Trailhead – Closed (normally opens around April 1)
- Fletcher Trailhead Restroom – Closed Mar 20thdue to COVID-19
- Cliff Rose Trailhead Restroom – Closed Mar 20thdue to COVID-19
- Deer Creek Picnic Area Restroom – Closed Mar 20thdue to COVID-19
- Juniper Trailhead Restroom – Closed Mar 20thdue to COVID-19
- Sawmill Picnic/Trailhead facilities – Closed Mar 20thdue to COVID-19
Spring Mountains National Recreation Area (SMNRA) is currently under fire restrictions.
Lee Canyon Ski Resort is now closed for the 2019/2020 winter season.
Visit their website for details
*For any programming inquiries pertaining to hike registration, field trips, educational outreach, etc., please email email@example.com.
*For any inquiries pertaining to setting up a volunteer event, volunteering opportunities, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(response to all inquiries is generally from Wednesday-Sunday)