SMNRA RECREATION UPDATE AS OF 11/17/21
The Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway is open 9am-4pm Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Go Mt Charleston is now offering weekend programs! For more information, please visit our event calendar.
Looking for a way to give back while enjoying the fresh mountain air? Our volunteer programs are gearing back up, so learn more here!
Weather patterns in the Spring Mountains can be drastically different than what the Las Vegas Valley experiences, and the Weather page offers multiple tools, tips and webcams to monitor conditions and forecasts. Hikers should be prepared for monsoon rain and lightning, and potential flash flooding, even if the Las Vegas forecast shows clear skies. Remember to apply (and re-apply) sunscreen and dress in layers for hot sun and chilly shade.
FIRE RESTRICTIONS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT:
Year-round fire strictions include*:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stovefire. The ONLY exceptions are stoves using portable fuel with an On/Off switch or knob, or campfires within the provided rings or grills at developed camp and picnic sites.
2. Using any type of explosive, including fireworks and explosive ammunition or targets.
TRAILHEADS open unless noted (*) below:
Click here for full trail descriptions
- Bristlecone, Lower
- Bristlecone, Upper
- Cathedral Rock/South Loop/Griffith Peak
- Deer Creek
- Desert View Overlook
- Fletcher Canyon/Eagle's Nest/Acastus
- Harris Spring to Griffith Peak
- Mahogany CCC
- Mary Jane Falls
- North Loop/Rain Tree
- Pack Rat/Escarpment/Acastus (*park at Cliffrose and walk to Gateway to access M-Thu)
- Robber's Roost
- Trail Canyon
Cathedral Rock Picnic Area
Deer Creek (Free, first come first serve, open dawn to dusk)
Foxtail Group Picnic Area (closed until snow season when reservations will be required)
Old Mill (may be closed until snow season)
Sawmill (Free, first come first serve, open dawn to dusk)
SMVG Group Picnic Areas
Winter closures begin before snow season
*All Federal Public Lands Pass (Access Pass, Military Pass, Senior Pass, Annual Parks Pass, and Every Kid in a Park Pass) holders are permitted free usage at single picnic sites at all day use picnic areas except for SMVG, Foxtail, and Cathedral Group Picnic Areas. Pass must be present and its information must be filled out on a fee envelope and deposited in the fee tube at the Self-Service pay station.
*Access and Senior Federal Public Lands Pass holders are permitted 50% off at single campground sites. Pass must be present and its information must be filled out on a fee envelope and deposited in the fee tube at the Self-Service pay station.
Lee Canyon Ski Resort
The Lee Canyon Ski Resort is gearing up for the winter season. The Brewin Burro Cafe is open Fri/Sat/Sun 10am-6pm, where season pass holders will be able to buy/print their upcoming winter season pass. Visit their website for details
The only way to keep wildlife wild is by giving animals space and never feeding them, even if they come up to you. It's also illegal!
* Please note that additional fire restrictions may apply. For more information or clarification on individual agency restrictions, visit www.nevadafireinfo.org/restrictions-and-closures. Violation of these prohibitions is punishable as a class B misdemeanor, by a fine of not more than $5000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization and/or imprisonment of not more than 6 months.
*** find updates throughout the day on our Facebook and Twitter accounts
*Go Mt Charleston is now offering weekend programs. For more information please visit our event calendar or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*For any inquiries pertaining to setting up a volunteer event, volunteering opportunities, etc., please email email@example.com
If you head up, remember to dispose of your trash responsibly!