SMNRA RECREATION UPDATE AS OF 6/12/2019
***SPRING CLEANING takes place 6/15 , please drive carefully while over 400 volunteers help clean the mountain***
For important messages during busy days, weather events, and hazardous conditions please follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway Hours:
Open every day 9am - 4pm
- Kyle Canyon Picnic Area ($12 Mon-Thu, $18 Fri-Sun and holidays, 10am to 5pm)
- Deer Creek Picnic Area (Free, first come first serve, open from dusk to dawn)
- SMVG Group Picnic Area ($70 for reservation at Front Desk via Fee Tube at Picnic Site and Recreation.gov)
- Sawmill Picnic Area (Free, first come first serve)
- Lee Meadows is closed to overnight use from sunset to sunrise, daily, year round. No fires permitted in the meadows, however stoves with an On/Off knob or switch are permitted.
- Foxtail (48 person sites: $100, 64 person sites: $175. Reservations only. Open 9am -7pm)
- Cathedral Rock Picnic Area (Group sites: Cliff - $85, Canyon - $120. Individual Sites: $12 Mon-Thu, $18 Fri-Sun and holidays)
- Old Mill Picnic Area (Front loops open. $12 Mon-Thu, $18 Fri-Sun. Open 10am – 6pm)
*All Federal Public Lands Pass (Access Pass, Military Pass, Senior Pass, Annual Parks Pass, and Every Kid in a Park Pass) holders are permitted free usage at single sites at all day use picnic areas except for SMVG, Foxtail, and Cathedral Group Picnic Areas. Pass must be present and its information must be filled out on a fee envelope and deposited in the fee tube at the Self-Service pay station.
- Fletcher Campground ($33 single sites/$58 double sites. ALL sites are walk-in only. Campers may be asked to leave in the event of heavy rain due to the potential of flashflooding in the camp area)
- McWillams Campground ($25 single sites/$50 double sites, sites 1-14 currently open, with Upper Loop opening with the warmer weather). Even numbered sites are walk-in, odd numbered sites are reservation)
- Hilltop Campground (Closed for renovation)
*Access and Senior Federal Public Lands Pass holders are permitted 50% off at single sites. Pass must be present and its information must be filled out on a fee envelope and deposited in the fee tube at the Self-Service pay station.
All trails open except:
Harris Trail to Griffith Peak (Heavily damaged by Carpenter 1 Fire)
Spring Mountains National Recreation Area (SMNRA) is currently in year-round fire restrictions. While in year-round fire restrictions, no campfires are allowed within one mile of homes in Kyle Canyon, Lee Canyons, Cold Creek, Mountain Springs, Trout Canyon, Lovell Canyon, and Coal Springs. Signs are posted in these areas to remind the public of this restriction.
Lee Canyon resort will be closed for construction through early winter 2019
Follow their website for details
*For any programming inquiries pertaining to hike registration, field trips, educational outreach, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For any inquiries pertaining to setting up a volunteer event, volunteering opportunities, etc., please email email@example.com.
(response to all inquiries is generally from Thursday-Monday)